Summer Berry Cobbler
This pudding has become such a favourite in our house, the girls go crazy for it and it serves well hot or cold. Taken from www.superhealthykids.com
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup quinoa flour
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or flaked almonds
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/4 cup sweetener of choice (dark amber maple syrup, honey)
1/4 cup whole milk (or dairy free alternative)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup demerara sugar
3 cups summer berries (fresh or frozen)
(optional) 1 cup Greek yoghurt, vanilla ice-cream or dairy free alternatives.
1. Start by cooking the quinoa (1 part quinoa:1.5 parts water), bring to boil & simmer for 20 mins, or until water is absorbed.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees centigrade
3. Combine all ingredients, except the berries, in a large mixing bowl.
4. Pour the berries into a 9”x 9” baking dish, then spread the quinoa/oat mixture over the top evenly, then sprinkle with demerara sugar
5. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until lightly browned/crispy on the top.
Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt or ice-cream (or dairy free alternatives) and a drizzle of honey.