Quinoa & Avocado Salad
This is a lovely little recipe, the dressing is fresh and is delicious and can be used as an accomliment for steak, grilled fish or on its own as a simple light lunch.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
3 cups cooked quinoa
2 large avocados
3 hand fulls baby leaf spinach
2 cups cherry tomatoes
3 spring onions
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. olive or rapeseed oil
pinch of salt
1. Start by cooking the quinoa (1 part quinoa:1.5 parts water), bring to boil & simmer for 20 mins, or until water is absorbed.
2. Make the dressing in a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.
3. Roughly chop the spinach, slice the spring onions, halve the cherry tomatoes, and dice the avocado
4. Combine all ingredients (except avocado) into large salad bowl a mix well
5. Add the avocado and lightly toss.
5.Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.